Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ismael 71 posts 354 karma points
    Mar 31, 2014 @ 01:00
    Ismael

Umbraco 6.2 RC register member password not saved.

Hi,

I'm experimenting with 6.2 membership api and using the templates that have been supplied for registering a user, however it seems that once I submit the registration form the password is not saved, if I check the cmsMember table the password column is empty - the email and login name have been recorded correctly. 

I'm just using the out-of-box stuff (ie no custom code or custom member type) So i'm wondering if this works OK for others, maybe I've just missed some configuration setting.

Thanks.

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Mar 31, 2014 @ 12:03
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

Maybe there already is an issue for it here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issues/U4

Otherwise you can create an issue here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issues/U4#newissue=yes

Jeroen

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5044 posts 15475 karma points MVP admin hq
    Mar 31, 2014 @ 15:54
    Sebastiaan Janssen

@James Show us some code please? How are you trying to save the password?

• Ismael 71 posts 354 karma points
    Mar 31, 2014 @ 20:15
    Ismael

Hi,

I don't really have any code to show, I'm using an unmodified "Register Member" snippet.  I've also tried this in version 7.1 and get the same issue (password not saved) - so perphas I'm missing something.

These are step I followed.

1. Created Partial View Macro call "Register" and choose the "Register Member" snippet.

2. created a simple master layout / homepage document type.

3. my homepage template looks like this.

@inherits Umbraco.Web.Mvc.UmbracoTemplatePage

@{

Layout = "SiteLayout.cshtml";

}

<h1>Home</h1>

@Umbraco.RenderMacro("Registration")

4. Created the content page.

Run the site, the form displays correctly. Entered [email protected] for username, email, and password then clicked submit.

In the backend the User is created, however there is no "changed password" button (7.1) only the New Password, and Confirm Password input boxes. If I check the database table, the password column is empty.  If I add a password in the backend and save, then look at the table again, the password field is populated.

Thanks,

Incidentally, if I try loging in with the user i just registered (using the login snippet) I get a YSOD which looks to be caused by the empty password.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5044 posts 15475 karma points MVP admin hq
    Apr 02, 2014 @ 12:03
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Thanks very much James for noticing this one! I found the error and it was a simple oversight, but it would've been nasty to release it as it was! It's fixed now and will work properly for the final release tomorrow.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft