Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alessandro 21 posts 51 karma points
    Apr 15, 2014 @ 15:54
    Alessandro

Umbraco 4 Document url and Examine GatheringNodeData

Hi

i have an umbraco v 4.11.10 (Assembly version: 1.0.4926.14927) installation and inside GatheringNodeData event handler i try to access to the url of the document because i want to store the document (some properties plus the url) inside an Elastic Search server.

This is my event handler:

void ExamineEvents_GatheringNodeData(object sender, IndexingNodeDataEventArgs e) {
        int id = e.NodeId;
        string url = string.empty;
        var node = new Node(e.NodeId);
        //UmbracoContext.Current -> null
        url = node.Url; //throw an Exception: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: umbracoContext
        url = node.NiceUrl; //throw an Exception: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: umbracoContext
        url = umbraco.library.NiceUrl(node.Id); //throw an Exception: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: umbracoContext

}

The problem is that Url(),NiceUrl() and umbraco.library.NiceUrl() method throw an exception (i suppose the problem is that this code runs outside request pipeline so umbracoContext is null). There's a way to retrive the document url inside examine GatheringNodeData event?

thanks so much

• Jan Vanuytrecht 32 posts 80 karma points
    Dec 03, 2014 @ 16:10
    Jan Vanuytrecht

I'm facing the same issue (Umbraco 7.1.8).

If anyone could shed some light on this question, I would me much obliged :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft