Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Zakhar 171 posts 397 karma points
    May 01, 2014 @ 13:25
    Zakhar

Render view result as a string for emailing

Hi guys,

I've set up a document type and an Umbraco template for use for email templates on my site. Now I basically have a page which html I need to read and use in emails.

I found a helper which presumably does half of the work (couldn't test it yet though) here: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/code-snippets/razor-snippets/render-razor-scripts-for-emails-and-more/create-string-of-partial-view-for-emailing

public static string RenderPartialViewToString(Controller controller, string viewName, object model)
        {
            controller.ViewData.Model = model;
            try
            {
                using (StringWriter sw = new StringWriter())
                {
                    ViewEngineResult viewResult = ViewEngines.Engines.FindPartialView(controller.ControllerContext, viewName);
                    ViewContext viewContext = new ViewContext(controller.ControllerContext, viewResult.View, controller.ViewData, controller.TempData, sw);
                    viewResult.View.Render(viewContext, sw);

return sw.GetStringBuilder().ToString();
                }
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                return ex.ToString();
            }
        }

This method accepts a controller as a parameter, but I can't figure out how to create the controller I need.

I guess it's not the only way to do it, can anyone advice on it? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

P.S. I use Umbraco 6.1.6

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft