Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dejan Stojanovic 12 posts 51 karma points
    May 02, 2014 @ 13:20
    Dejan Stojanovic

Suggestions for including useful extension methods in Umbraco

Hi, I've been working with Umbraco for the past two years. Switching to Razor from XSLT made website development really easy.

To speed up things when writing Razor views I have wrote few extensions for fetching the data from properties mu easier and safer and the ordinary way. One of the main things which made me add few more lines every time when reading data from property is checking for null before casting to string, bool, int or date. There fore I wrote few extensions to extend IPublished content which I find very useful, and I think it might be useful if they can be included in a next release of Umbraco.

Whole text and class with extensions is on my blog at the following url http://dejanstojanovic.net/umbraco-cms/2014/march/extension-methods

I hope you will find these extensions useful.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 02, 2014 @ 15:39
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dejan

Would it be possible to wrap these up in a package that can be downloaded and installed either using our or the umbraco backoffice in the developer section? And would it be possible to open source it on github so others can contribute or submit PR's for bugfixes etc.? :)

Just some thoughts.

/Jan

May 02, 2014 @ 21:18
    Dejan Stojanovic

Sure, I can warp this in a package :) and sure, I can put it on github. It might grow into a separate framework for Umbraco :)

Thanks for suggestions.

May 26, 2014 @ 12:23
    Dejan Stojanovic

Just uploaded project to GithHub https://github.com/dejanstojanovic/Umbraco-Extensions Hope someone will find it useful :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft