Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• smercer 39 posts 67 karma points
    Nov 04, 2009 @ 16:56
    smercer

Installing packages from a NANT script

I am working in a CI environment using cruisecontrol.net.

I would like to have developers manage updates to DocumentTypes via packages that are stored in SVN.

I would like to have our NANT script (run by CC.net) install these packages on our staging server whenever a build runs.

Does this sound like a good way to manage document type changes? I have found numerous posts onthe subject, but no one seems to have a good answer. I am also unfamiliar with how package handle the updating of existing document types. (say we needed to add a new field to an existing document type).

Has anyone installed packages programmatically using the API? I am thinking that I could cook up an command line utility and run it from NANT. If I go this route I'll definetely share the code as well.

Nov 04, 2009 @ 17:02
    smercer

UPDATE: I found an answer to my first question here.

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Nov 04, 2009 @ 22:53
    Aaron Powell

It's not possible to use the package API from anything but a web UI. If you can work out how to get NAnt (or MSBuild) to do it that way then please let us know.

I looking into how to use MSBuild to do CI packaged but it was going to take way more time than I had for the project so it was scrapped.

Nov 05, 2009 @ 21:20
    smercer

Bummer. I might forgo continuous integration on the site I am working on, for time reasons. Long term, this is high on my list of priorities, however.

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Nov 05, 2009 @ 22:28
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft