Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Van Oort 110 posts 370 karma points
    May 28, 2014 @ 22:29
    Chris Van Oort

6.0.3 to 6.2.1 upgrade compilation issues

Running into a host of compilation problems as we try to move a site from 6.0.3 to 6.2.1:

Reference Issues: 

Other issues:

• Error 10 The type or namespace name 'NodeFactory' does not exist in the namespace 'umbraco' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    Here we're trying to use umbraco.NodeFactory
    • Error 17 The type or namespace name 'Web' does not exist in the namespace 'Umbraco' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Here we're trying to use Umbraco.Web.UmbracoApplication

• Error 33 'Member' is an ambiguous reference between 'umbraco.cms.businesslogic.member.Member' and 'Umbraco.Core.Models.Member'
    We were using umbraco.cms.businesslogic.member before

Any ideas? Are there any guides for upgrading usage of these old API methods to the new ones?

Thanks!

• Jeremy Loeckler 10 posts 52 karma points
    Jun 13, 2014 @ 15:09
    Jeremy Loeckler

Any luck with this?

I'm running into the same problem with:

Member.GetCurrentMember()

"'Member' is an ambiguous reference between 'umbraco.cms.businesslogic.member.Member' and 'Umbraco.Core.Models.Member'"

Intellisense says that umbraco.cms.businesslogic.member.Member is deprecated. However it's non-obvious what the new technique is to retrieve the current member.

• Jeremy Loeckler 10 posts 52 karma points
    Jun 13, 2014 @ 19:10
    Jeremy Loeckler

I did find this...

http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Reference/Management-v6/Services/MemberService

I can infer that the Member code should be migrated to this, but the specifics of that migration are very unclear.

I see mentions of needing to migrated properties in the comments of some issues (http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4847#tab=Comments). However I can't find a comprehensive guide to the process.

Do folks just "figure it out" for problems like this or is there some secret documentation/release notes that I haven't stumbled across?

• Zac 223 posts 575 karma points
    Jun 30, 2014 @ 12:57
    Zac

is there some secret documentation/release notes that I haven't stumbled across?

Hah! Documentation has always been the Achilles heel for Umbraco.

I'm upgrading one of our sites from 6.1.6 to 6.2.1 and I'm now trying to find the simplest solution to the breaking change with Members.

'Member' is an ambiguous reference between 'Umbraco.Core.Models.Member' and 'umbraco.cms.businesslogic.member.Member'

Did you find a straightforward migration Jeremy?

• Matthew Hardesty 22 posts 73 karma points
    Dec 11, 2014 @ 11:30
    Matthew Hardesty

Just ran into this same issue. Has anyone been able to resolve it yet?

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Dec 12, 2014 @ 13:21
    Charles Afford

I think umbraco.cms.businesslogic.member.Member has been made obsolete. Use the Umbraco.Core.Models.Member namespace :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft