Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christopher Waters 7 posts 38 karma points
    Jun 04, 2014 @ 00:24
    Christopher Waters

Examine Index not removing unpublished nodes in 6.0.7

Recently, I've upgraded an Umbraco site of mine from 6.0.3 to 6.0.7 (due to lack of time/developers, I am currently unable to update to a newer version of Umbraco). Today, I became aware of a problem where (at least) one of my examine index sets is not removing nodes that become unpublished.

Some background: This part of my site is a classified section, where classifieds are posted by users and unpublished using the "Remove at" property of the node. At any given time, I have between 500 and 600 classifieds published. Currently, there are 561 classifieds in the Examine Index, but only 542 that are published. This was causing some null-reference exceptions when trying to load classifieds that were no longer published.

As far as I know, this was not an issue in 6.0.3 and was wondering if anyone had run into the same issue or knew a way to remove the unpublished nodes from the index set.

Examine Configuration:

Index Set:

<IndexSet SetName="ClassifiedIndexSet" IndexPath="~/App_Data/TEMP/ExamineIndexes/ClassifiedIndexSet/">
        <IndexAttributeFields>
          <add Name="id" />
          <add Name="nodeName" />
          <add Name="updateDate" />
          <add Name="createDate" />
          <add Name="writerName" />
          <add Name="path" />
          <add Name="nodeTypeAlias" />
          <add Name="parentID" />
        </IndexAttributeFields>
        <IndexUserFields>
          <add Name="title"/>
          <add Name="keywords"/>
          <add Name="body"/>
          <add Name="categories"/>
          <add Name="isEnhanced" EnableSorting="True"/>
          <add Name="classifiedType"/>
          <add Name="contactInfo"/>
        </IndexUserFields>
        <IncludeNodeTypes>
          <add Name="Classified"/>
        </IncludeNodeTypes>
      </IndexSet>

Index Provider:

<add name="ClassifiedIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer, UmbracoExamine"
               supportUnpublished="false"
               supportProtected="false"
               analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer, Lucene.Net"/>

Search Provider:

<add name="ClassifiedSearcher" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoExamineSearcher, UmbracoExamine"
               analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer, Lucene.Net"/>
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft