Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mark 3 posts 33 karma points
    Jun 18, 2014 @ 21:01
    mark

Is it possible to make a content managed accordion widget?

Hello All,

I'm just curious whether this will be possible using the current data types (or custom data types) where by you can content manage an accordion widget? For example, I want to be able to add a property to my document type which will contain the widget. Is this possible or will it need to be hard coded into my project?

The content managed part will be the title of the drop down feature and also the text within the drop down section.

• Dan 1285 posts 3917 karma points c-trib
    Jun 19, 2014 @ 00:02
    Dan

Hi Mark,

This is certainly possible - it's finding the best way that's the challenge ;)

If you're using Umbraco 7 then I'd suggest using Archetype, which will let you configure a datatype consisting of a text input and a textarea/RTE input (or any other combination of data types). Archetype is basically a wrapper for creating repeatable collections of data-types, so is perfect for creating an accordion.

If you're using Umbraco 6, then personally I'd use child-nodes to build your accordion.

I hope this helps. Do ask if you have any specific questions when you've evaluated your approach. :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft