Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Shashikumar 13 posts 33 karma points
    Nov 20, 2009 @ 08:07
    Shashikumar

Getting Compilation Error in umbraco

Hi,

I have installed and configured pages for my site in umbraco 4.0. I used to have the class files as DLL. I have compiled the DLL in dropped in BIN folder. It was working fine.

Now the issue is, I have made some modification in my DLL. I have compiled my new DLL and dropped in BIN folder. Now when I try to access the umbraco login page, I am getting compilation Error as follows,

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0117: 'User' does not contain a definition for 'GetUser'

Source Error:

Line 94: 
    Line 95:                 // Use the "Umbraco" system administrator user as creator (with id:0)
    Line 96:                 User u = User.GetUser(0);
    Line 97: 
    Line 98:                 // Create the text used as nodeName

Source File: c:\CloudAmber\wwwroot\SYNWA_UMBRACO\app_code\Umbraco.NitroFAQ\AddFaqQuestion.ascx.cs    Line: 96

Any suggestions to resolve this problem? Whether I could be a problem in my DLL or in Umbraco?

I get this error only when I deploy my new DLL, if I replace with my old DLL then it works fine.

• Masood Afzal 176 posts 522 karma points
    Nov 21, 2009 @ 11:40
    Masood Afzal

Please check your namespaces and references you are using for your code.

• Shashikumar 13 posts 33 karma points
    Nov 27, 2009 @ 06:06
    Shashikumar

Hi Masood,

The problem has solved. I am using Linq for my application (one of its properties has changed while building the dll, thats what I got compilation error in umbraco). Thanks for your suggesstion. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft