Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anders 27 posts 47 karma points
    Jul 08, 2014 @ 13:25
    Anders

Automatically assign title

Hello!

I have created a document type called summary which contains well.. a summary. These summaries are from meetings held on specified dates stores in a field called meetingdate. I have created a listing document type called summaries. What i want is the summaries (document type summary) to be named according to the meetingdate, eg. meetingdate 080914 document title = "Summary 080914". It should not be possible for the user to edit the title field. Is this possible? I am pretty new to both umbraco and ASP.NET so documentation links would be much appreciated, but clues on how to do this is perfect aswell!

Best regards

Anders

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 08, 2014 @ 13:34
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Anders

What version of Umbraco are you using?

I'm asuming that it's users of the backoffice that you don't want to be able to edit the field? Is it going to be the title of the document (Like it's being a URL) or is it a title property on the document?

/Jan

• Anders 27 posts 47 karma points
    Jul 08, 2014 @ 13:37
    Anders

Hi!

I'm using umbraco 7.1.4

Yes it is the users of the backoffice who should not be able to edit the field. And it is the title of the document, yes.

Thanks for your response!

Anders

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 08, 2014 @ 20:20
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Anders

Hmm - In versions < 7 I would have advised to install the tab-hider package by Tim Payne since I think you're able to hide the "properties" tab using it making sure users can't override/change the title of the page.

Not sure how to achieve it in Umbraco 7 though. Does the page necessarily have to have this in the title / url of the page? Or could it be a field on the document? I'm thinking you should then be able to create a property editor where you can perhaps hide it from certain user types.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft