Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• James Jackson-South 489 posts 1747 karma points c-trib
    Jul 08, 2014 @ 16:13
    James Jackson-South

Changing image format with ImageProcessor

Versions definitely affected:

Using Net 4.5 on Windows 7.

I stumbled upon this whilst testing the next version of ImageProcessor with Umbraco.

Testing with a clean install of 7.1.4 using the default starter kit and passing the querystring params

?format=bmp

?format=webp

I get the following exception.

[InvalidOperationException: The UmbracoContext.Current is null, ProcessRequest cannot proceed unless there is a current UmbracoContext]
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.ProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext) +189
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.<Init>b__a(Object sender, EventArgs e) +132
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +136
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69

I'm also getting it using v6.2.1 without any starter kits.

Testing ImageProcessor outwith Umbraco runs perfectly with all formats working

That's all it's giving me I'm afraid. All other format extensions (jpg, gif, png, png8) work.

Removing RAMMFAR from theweb.config does not seem to make any difference also.

Update

It's definitely something in the UmbracoModule. If I add preCondition="managedHandler" to the declaration in the web.config then the error disappears.

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    Jul 09, 2014 @ 03:03
    Shannon Deminick

Hrm, sounds strange... what is the full url you are getting this error? Is it a media path or an umbraco page path? I'll create an issue that you can reply to

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    Jul 09, 2014 @ 03:04
  • James Jackson-South 489 posts 1747 karma points c-trib
    Jul 09, 2014 @ 12:44
    James Jackson-South

Cheers. I've added urls to the bugtracker. You should be able to replicate it easy enough.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft