Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Roger 19 posts 57 karma points
    Jul 11, 2014 @ 10:09
    Roger

Urgent Help Request: Umbraco Not Adding New Data to Examine Index

Hi all,

I have suddenly encountered a rather strange issue with Umbraco 4.11.10 running in MVC mode, suddenly, examines indexes no longer appear to add any new data - the site has been running fine for quite a while when this suddenly started happening:

The umbraco.config is rebuilding okay -  but any new pages added publish okay form the back-end but give 404 error on the front end - media items from pickers on these nodes have empty-string as URL (but the nodes themselves return sensible values).

Can anyone suggest how best to tackle this?  It's so strange that it was running fine for some time and this has only just started happening.

Many thanks for any help!

Kind Regards,

Roger Davies

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 11, 2014 @ 10:13
    Ismail Mayat

Roger,

Is there anything in the umbraco log file in app data? I have seen something simliar when you get funny content added to rich text editor, by funny i mean cut and paste from word etc and this has non standard characters.

Regards

Ismail

Jul 11, 2014 @ 10:30
    Roger

Hi Ismail,

Thanks for such a speedy reply! No errors are showing in the Umbraco log in the App Data folder, publishing one of the pages causes it to render okay - but a media item being picked from this node is still a problem.

Basically the media node is coming back okay with a valid ID of a media item - but attempts to access the filename return null (or empty string) even though the image is clearly there in the Umbraco back end,

Many thanks again for any help!

Kind Regards,

Roger Davies

Jul 11, 2014 @ 11:08
    Roger

Ah sorry - posting a follow up here, looking closer I've forced it to rebuild examine indexes locally - so it isn't an examine issue, I think may have found the issue! It's the cropper on this site - it does correctly create a crop of <original filename>_thumbnail naming convention - however, looking at umbraco.config, the property alias for these are all empty - just tracing through now checking examinesettings / indexes.config and everything else to make sure all sensible!

Kind Regards,

Roger Davies

Jul 11, 2014 @ 11:34
    Roger

Hi All,

Okay sorted - apologies here, turns out image cropped was not creating a specific crop used to display a thumnail of the image - hence why thumnail url field empty in umbraco.config - wasn't examine after all!

Just now need to identify why crop not created - but less urgency now, thanks for help all!

Kind Regards,

Roger Davies

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft