Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• James 251 posts 1169 karma points
    Jul 24, 2014 @ 20:55
    James

Cant create a controller in my umbraco project

Hi All,

Started out with an empty ASP.NET project in VS2013. Installed umbraco and built my site.

Ive started following some guides for building contact forms.

I have right clicked a folder and gone to create a controller and i cant do it.

Even if a make a folder called controllers and right click it... no option for controller. I know where the option usually is because ive built basic MVC apps.

What gives ?:D

• David Peck 687 posts 1863 karma points c-trib
    Jul 25, 2014 @ 12:56
    David Peck

It's just your VS Project's settings. I'd start with an empty MVC 4 project. Not read the entire post, but this looks about right:

• Philip Johnson 3 posts 23 karma points
    Apr 21, 2015 @ 23:04
    Philip Johnson

I have this problem as well. I follow the instructions on umbracos site for installing Umbraco 7 via Nuget.

I have the latest version of VS2013.  This happens with 7.2.1 and also 7.2.4.

I have also tried making a project with MVC references in them, checking that I have Add Controller and the other scaffolding options, then removing all the Nuget packages via the nuget package manager. Add Controller is still there on the menu.

I then install-package umbracocms in nuget package manager. At the very last step Add Controller dissapears!

If I start from scratch with exactly the same steps in VS2012 I still have Add Controller and all the other MVC scaffolding options. WIth 2013 I don't get an option to add a controller anywhere. Add Item doesn't have the controller template available, its as though Umbraco is overwriting that option.

Does anyone know the answer to this? I don't want to go back to VS2012 if I can help it?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft