Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dennis Pedersen 8 posts 71 karma points c-trib
    Aug 04, 2014 @ 15:55
    Dennis Pedersen

Create a Member with no emailaddress

I'm working on a solution where the users (logged in as members) use and interact on the site. They're small teams and each team has a leader. The login of the members are controlled by the leader.

I want to create members which has no emailaddress, but it doesn't seem to be an easy thing. A few hours of Google-wisdom, tells me it is possible but I've failed to find any elegant ways. Closest I've come, is to set a temporary email when creating and immediately clearing it again. This doesn't seem as a stable solution though - for instance, validation in backend denies me saving a member with no email.

Is there an easy fix for having members without emailaddresses?

• Bo Damgaard Mortensen 719 posts 1207 karma points
    Aug 07, 2014 @ 14:03
    Bo Damgaard Mortensen

Hi Dennis,

Not exactly the answer you'd hoped for, but I don't think you're able to save members with no email, no :-/ The email has always been a mandatory field in Umbraco. Best bet is to set a dummy e-mail address, that indicates it should be changed asap. I.e.: [email protected] or some such.

I guess you could roll up your own, custom membership provider where the e-mail field isn't mandatory, but that's quite a lot more work and I'm not sure if the backend in Umbraco want's to play with it (honestly can't remember, so if anyone knows this, please let me know)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft