Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steven 12 posts 83 karma points
    Aug 04, 2014 @ 16:28
    Steven

Auto logon for Members (Umbraco v6.2.1)

Hi!

I'm trying to "auto-logon" Members with a special link. So that a link (in an email message) can be clicked and the user (of a certain Member type) is logged on to the Umbraco site (v6.2.1) and then get's direct access to/view of the contents on the protected page.

The special link contains the mail address of the Member and some other token data (all encrypted) but not the password. And I don't want to change the way the passwords are stored in the database (they're still hashed, so not 'readable'). With the mail address (and additional token data) I'm able to retrieve the correct Member, but how to log on that Member then?!

I found the following 2 related posts, but those posts don't provide me with any good, working solutions... I keep getting the logon screen (instead of the contents).

Please help!
    Thanks in advance guys!

• Steven 12 posts 83 karma points
    Aug 14, 2014 @ 10:15
    Steven

Guess it's not possible (without password)... So changed [passwordFormat] from Hashed to Clear (for Members only!) and solved it that way.

(It's not that the protected member page contains nuclear missile launch codes... ;)
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft