Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dennis Morgan 11 posts 10 karma points
    Nov 25, 2009 @ 00:48
    Dennis Morgan

Random "Object Reference not set to an instance of an object"

We are getting random  "Object Reference not set to an instance of an object" errors when attempting to login to the umbraco admin. This seems to be fixed when the web.config file is updated (clearing cache I suppose). We are unsure what could be causing this? The only thing I think of is we have a number of python macros installed but I am not sure why this would effect anything since they are called on the front end? Does anyone ever see this error themselves, and have they come up with a solution? (Some of it might be garbled because I ocr'd a screenshot and tried to clean it up - but error is below)

System.NuIlRefetenceException Object Reference not set to an instance of an object

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

umbraco.BusinessLopic.Utils.TypeFinder.FindClassesOfType(Boolean useSeperateAppDomain) +56 umbraco.BusinessLogic.Actions.Action.RegisterActions() +103

umbraco.BusinessLogic.Actions.Action..cctor() +185

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'umbraco.gusinessLogic.Actions.Action' threw an exception.] umbraco.cms.presentation_umbraco.RenderActionJS() +80

umbraco.cms.presentation._umbraco.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1326

System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp. Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25 System.web.Util.CalliiEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +42

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +132 umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +21

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +66

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2428

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version2.0.50727.3603, ASP.NET Versiort2.0.93727.4049

• Chris Houston 535 posts 980 karma points MVP admin c-trib
    Nov 25, 2009 @ 00:57
    Chris Houston

Hi Dennis,

It's not a great deal of help I know, but I just googled it and found a codeplex issue for this error message, you might want to add a vote for it and also see if you can trap any more debugging info to help solve it as mentioned by Niels on that issue.

http://umbraco.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=24993

Cheers,

Chris

• Chris Houston 535 posts 980 karma points MVP admin c-trib
    Nov 25, 2009 @ 01:01
    Chris Houston

Hi Dennis,

I also found someone else with the same issue on another post, you might like to try contacting him to see if he has found a solution:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/general/4781-TypeFinderFindClassesOfType%28Boolean-useSeperateAppDomain%29-Trows-NullReferenceExeption

Sorry I am unable to help you directly, it looks like an un-solved bug currently.

Cheers,

Chris

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft