Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Franclim 8 posts 27 karma points
    Nov 27, 2009 @ 15:59
    Franclim

data collections

Hi:
    I have a document type that represents products and each product must have a collections of acessories.
    Is there any data type (like a table field) that I can use in a property in my document? How can I develop such a data type?

I could have several child documents (of type AccessoryDocument) under the father document (of type ProductDocument). But that would disperse too much the content maintenance.
    I would prefer having a edition tab with a table where I could add (more and more) product accessories.

What’s the best way to go? Is there a way out-of-the-box or need I to develop (I don’t mind) one?

Thanks everyone,
    FS

• atze187 160 posts 215 karma points
    Nov 27, 2009 @ 16:27
    atze187

I don't know, why would developing a custom data type would reduce content maintenance, but that may depend on the amount and type of the properties the AccessoryDocument data types exposes.

André

PS: Have you really posted this three times? On other boards you would get banned for cross posting.

• Franclim 8 posts 27 karma points
    Nov 27, 2009 @ 17:06
    Franclim

First, sorry for the crossing posting, i didn't know where to ask. I regreat tow seconds after :(

Is a product has 16 acessories and you have some 100 products like that, you bet such a field would reduce maintenance!

But i have found a way (i think).

I'm developing in a user control that presents a Data Grid for inputing each accessory in his own row. It will even do a look up in other documents for acessory typing.

I will then create a umbraco user control wrapper data type that uses my developed piece to add a table field to a document type.

I'm just starting, hope it works.

Thanks, and sorry for the cross posting.

FS

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Nov 27, 2009 @ 17:31
    Dirk De Grave

Didn't read this thread before answering on another...

/Dirk

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft