Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Joachim Andersen 38 posts 198 karma points
    Aug 25, 2014 @ 12:11
    Joachim Andersen

RazorDataTypeModelTypes throws exception

Hi

I get the following error again and again. I'm running Umbraco 7.1.4 webforms and the error started when the site was upgraded to Umbraco 7.1.4 from 7.1.1. Anybody that have seen this error before and know how to fix it.

The log files are more or less useless now because they are polluted by this error.

Cheers, Joachim

2014-08-25 11:17:46,369 [8] WARN umbraco.MacroEngines.DynamicNode - [Thread 45] Exception occurred while populating cache, will keep RazorDataTypeModelTypes to null so that this error remains visible and you don't end up with an empty cache with silent failure.The exception was System.MissingMethodException and the message was Method not found: 'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1

2014-08-25 11:17:46,371 [8] WARN umbraco.MacroEngines.DynamicNode - [Thread 45] Exception occurred while populating cache, will keep RazorDataTypeModelTypes to null so that this error remains visible and you don't end up with an empty cache with silent failure.The exception was System.MissingMethodException and the message was Method not found: 'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Aug 25, 2014 @ 12:16
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

Is there a reason you are still using webforms in Umbraco 7? It's better to use MVC which is the default setting.

The error only happens if you are using the lecagy Razor. It's better to switch to the partial view macro's. More info here: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/razor/44664-Confused-over-when-DynamicNodeList-is-returned?p=0#comment160678

Jeroen

• Joachim Andersen 38 posts 198 karma points
    Aug 25, 2014 @ 12:22
    Joachim Andersen

Hi Jeroen

Well its the last one we based on Webforms and a conversion to MVC is going to take place, but until then I'm stuck with this.

But if it is a WebForms thing I will stop looking into the problem and check again once it is converted to MVC.

Thanks, Joachim

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Aug 25, 2014 @ 12:34
    Jeroen Breuer

It's not really related to webforms, but more to what version of razor you are using in webforms.

Jeroen

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft