Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Troels Larsen 75 posts 280 karma points
    Sep 03, 2014 @ 13:00
    Troels Larsen

UmbracoUpgradeChecker fails randomly

Hey people 

I have a umbraco 7.1.4 solution that has been working as intended, but suddenly it starts to show this error out of the blue. nothing really happens except it show a huge error on the right hand side of the screen and i can close it and data from the page is A OK ? but why is that suddenly failing to connect to the database ?  

hope someone can shreed some light over this issue i have pastede my stack below. 

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning()

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()

at umbracoUpgradeChecker.BusinessLogic.Logger.Log(String server, Int32 major, Int32 minor, Int32 patch, String comment) in d:\Dev\UmbracoUpgradeChecker\umbracoUpgradeChecker\BusinessLogic\Logger.cs:line 31

at umbracoUpgradeChecker.CheckForUpgrade.CheckUpgrade(Int32 versionMajor, Int32 versionMinor, Int32 versionPatch, String versionComment) in d:\Dev\UmbracoUpgradeChecker\umbracoUpgradeChecker\CheckForUpgrade.asmx.cs:line 50

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

• Matt 7 posts 27 karma points
    Sep 03, 2014 @ 13:11
    Matt

Hi all,

I'm getting exactly the same problem with this. The YSOD dialog appears in the umbraco back office. I upgraded from a 7.0.4 to a 7.1.5 site last week and today up-to 7.1.6 to fix a couple of other bugs with scheduled publishing etc.

If it helps, this doesn't happen on the production server running IIS and SQL proper and still running 7.1.5 but does happen with my local (full) IIS and SQL Express) install, 7.1.5 and new upgraded 7.1.6.

To make matters slightly more complicated, I am running a custom Membership and Role provider to access Active Directory.

Any suggestions on how to stop this popping up would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers, Matt

• Troels Larsen 75 posts 280 karma points
    Sep 03, 2014 @ 13:26
    Troels Larsen

My solution is clean no custom providers just plain umbraco. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft