Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John Hård 9 posts 29 karma points
    Dec 01, 2009 @ 21:19
    John Hård

getTagsFromNode fails on ampersand

Hello Forum.

I am using the BlogForUmbraco4 package (v 1.0) and came across a problem with the macro listing the tags next to the blog. The xslt file BlogCategories.xslt makes a call to the API method umbraco.editorControls.tags.getTagsFromNode, and it all works well until I enter a tag with an ampersand (&) in it. 
    I had a closer look at the code of the getTagsFromNode method and what it does is this:

1. Fetch the tags from the database
    2. Build an xml document in the shape of a string
    3. Create an XmlDocument from the string

Now, if a tag contains an ampersand, a call to doc.LoadXml(xmlVal) which is done in that method fails due to poorly formatted xml. The only ways I can think of to avoid this problem are these:

1. Tell the users that they have to enter & instead of & in the tags.
    2. Compile my own version of umbraco.editorConstrols where I html-format the tags before calling doc.LoadXml()

My question now: Is there any other way? I am not very good with xslt so maybe I am missing something obvious, but since the error occurs in the API and not in the xslt I don't think any xslt magic will help me.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

(I am using Umbraco 4.0.2.1)

/John Hård
    Stockholm

• Thijs 97 posts 117 karma points
    Oct 20, 2011 @ 15:24
    Thijs

Hi John

I'm having the same problem. I know it's a long time ago but do you remember how you fixed that issue?

Thijs

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft