Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Inx51 54 posts 107 karma points
    Sep 23, 2014 @ 12:09
    Inx51

How does Umbraco handle relations to nodes that might change or get deleted?

Hi! Im not really sure how to phrase the subject of this topic.. so sorry if it might be miss-guiding for some of you.

Im currently trying to create a way to cache all my content (as in all media, dictionary items and all content-nodes).. but Im not quite sure of how to handle relational updates..

For instance.. if a content-node has a property that references a media in one way or another, and the media gets deleted, then that would also require me to update the cached version of the content-node since else it would be out of sync.

For as far as I know Umbraco is currently sort of doing that some how.. as for example if we use the scenario mentioned above.. if I view the value of the property of the content-node in umbraco after the deletion of the media, then Umbraco will display that property with an empty value.. so basically my question is.. how does Umbraco keep this in sync?

The same thing goes for for instance with the "tree node pickers".. if I have a property of the type "tree node picker" and then select a few nodes and then delete one of em, Umbraco keeps the value synced.. how is this done?..

Br, Inx

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft