Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Damian Green 452 posts 1433 karma points
    Oct 08, 2014 @ 13:12
    Damian Green

Member search giving an error

On entering text on the member search i am getting the following error appear in the red alert box (where you normally get the published message in green):

Server error: Contact administrator, see log for full details. Failed to retrieve entity data for query ch

However on inspecting the logs the temp_data\logs\ there is nothing in the trace around this message.

Quick google returned no results so not sure what the issue is. The same site in dev doesn't have this issue which is also adding to the oddness.

Any ideas what is wrong?

This is using Umbraco 7.1.6 and i have not edited the indexes for member search at all.

Just to add - i do actually get results back from the search so no idea what the error is for.

However - something i am going to create another thread for is the member search is returning content nodes too - which may be a linked issue? And again on the dev box the content nodes are not returned and no error!

Hmmm... odd!

Oct 08, 2014 @ 14:26
    Damian Green

Ok - i thought maybe there was an issue with the indexes so i stopped the site, deleted all the indexes and restarted.

Now my member search is not returning any members but content items.

If i go to a member record and save it then it appears in the member search.

So questions are:

1. Why are content items appearing in my member search
    2. Why have my members not be re-indexed on index re-creation?

It has been a good 45 mins since i recreated the indexes so past what i would have thought it would have taken to rebuild.

Oct 08, 2014 @ 14:33
    Damian Green

Using Luke to inspect the index contents there is only the single member record i published in there.

So still not sure:

1. Why umbraco is returning content nodes when im searching on the member tab
    2. Why all the member records haven't been re-indexed on re-creation of the indexes.
    Oct 08, 2014 @ 18:55
    Damian Green

Ok i got to the bottom of the member index issue.

I was hooking into the Application Startup - Initialize to register an indexer and it was killing the indexer.

I moved this to the ApplicationStarted and that has sorted that issue with the members.

It also looks like the umbraco search, searches everything no matter which tab you are on - this isnt great to be honest. Wonder if there is a way to restrict the search on the members tab to the members index and so on... Anyone know this?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft