Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Aikman 43 posts 97 karma points
    Nov 12, 2014 @ 21:23
    Paul Aikman

Bulk publish via v6 api?

Hi,

I have a bunch of custom umbraco events creating multiple nodes at a time (via content service). I'm finding umbraco is having trouble if I call saveandpublishwithstatus a bunch of times within an event (umbraco.config locked/missing etc).

Is there a way I could tell umbraco to publish a collection of nodes at the same time? Regenerating a large umbraco.config multiple times in quick succession seems to create a few issues!

Cheers,

Paul

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Nov 13, 2014 @ 11:37
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Paul,

If you need a lot of publishing nodes in the same time, you can not use saveandpublishwithstatus for each node. Use simple .Save and publish all site in the end of the operation.

Cheers

Nov 13, 2014 @ 11:42
    Paul Aikman

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Will publish entire site work when the entries are just saved? Not sure how Umbraco would know what's saved and shouldn't be published yet, vs what's saved and waiting for 'batch publish'.

E.g. in Umbraco admin you can save something knowing you don't want to publish it yet, or you can save and publish to make it available on the site right away.

Cheers,

Paul

Nov 13, 2014 @ 11:58
    Alex Skrypnyk

Yes, publish entire site work when entries are saved and has published status. Also you can turned off events like that :

.SaveAndPublishWithStatus(umbracoPlayer, 0, false);

Cheers

Nov 13, 2014 @ 15:27
    Paul Aikman

Ok, so if I'm creating a new node and want it published in bulk - can I manually set its status to published, even though it isn't?

Nov 13, 2014 @ 16:22
    Alex Skrypnyk

yes, you can

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft