Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mitra 81 posts 196 karma points
    Dec 03, 2014 @ 14:38
    Mitra

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I am using Umbraco v6.1.6 for a quiet big project.

It's all working fine. But there is a folder of Retailer with 20,30 retailers in it. I try to open them in Umbraco to make some changes and i get this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

All of the retailers open in the front end, no problem, but it's broken in CMS part.

The interesting part is they open in the test server, but they don't open locally. I really don't know what to do. We have to make the changes locally along other changes and then upload the database and the code for the client in the test area to see. it means i cannot make the changes in the test area, because it will overwritten later by the local version.

anybody knows what's the reason?

Many Thanks in advance, Mitra

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 03, 2014 @ 14:55
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mitra

I'm not sure what the issues is but perhaps I can provide some pointers. However I would like to know if those retailers are simply just created using the Umbraco backoffice using standard datatypes? Or is there anything custom or 3rd party packages being used, which could for some reason cause the issue?

Do you perhaps have installed a package or added something on your test server, which has not been added locally? Are you the only developer on the project or are you more using a source control system like git or mercurial? If so does this happen on all the other machines as well? Or is it only happening on your machine?

Have you tried checking the /app_data/logs file to see if it reveals anything?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft