Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• PierreD Savard 183 posts 290 karma points
    Dec 17, 2014 @ 14:38
    PierreD Savard

Try to use Kendo UI component in umbraco 7.2.1

HI umbraco Expert!

I try to use some component of Telerik KendoUI MVC like the listview. But i am stuck in the communication process. Like umbraco use some "special" feature for the MVC communication, the Listview can't communicate with serveur side. I try to test with a controller derived from surfaceConroller used only by the listview without sucess. After contacting Telerik and sending a sample projet here the response I got:

For some reason trying to resolve the action and controller returns empty string. The same behavior occurs if you use  @Html.ActionLink("Test", "Products_Read") - you will end up with an <a href=""> element. This is the actual reason the grid doesn't make a request to the Products_Read method.

What is even stranger is that manually typing in the browser /accueil/products_read leads to the following Umbraco response:

No umbraco document matches the url '/accueil/products_read'.

This means that the Products_Read action method isn't recognized as a known route by Umbraco at all. I cannot tell why though. I created another action method in the AccueilController and it still wasn't accessible for some reason. This all makes me think this is some Ubraco feature which I am not aware of. 

Unfortunately we can't make the Kendo UI Grid work until this issue is resolved. @Html.ActionLink("Test", "Products_Read") should render a valid link which navigates to the specified action method (it currently doesn't). Perhaps somebody from the Umbraco community would be able to help.

Do you have a suggestion of approch?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft