Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carlos Mosqueda 241 posts 432 karma points
    Dec 20, 2014 @ 00:13
    Carlos Mosqueda

How do you create a dropdown list datatype, but pull the downdown values from an external JSON feed

Umbraco 7

We successfully made a custom downdown list dataype using Angular JS, but we have a feeling our Controller is not running correctly. We are using a service that outputs JSONP that we want to call into our project and pull the values in the dropdown list from the JSONP service.

Has anyone done this before?  Is this possible?  Can anyone provide a simple example?

Thanks

-Carlos

• Hendy Racher 863 posts 3849 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Dec 20, 2014 @ 12:51
    Hendy Racher

Hi Carlos,

I wonder if the nuPickers package would be of use ? It has a JSON Drop Down Picker that can be configured by specifying a url to the JSON data (if it's not suitable, then there's always the source code to refer to)

Hendy

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Dec 20, 2014 @ 21:19
    Charles Afford

Use uComponents JSON Dropdown. Not sure if this is available for Umbraco 7 yet. But will allow you to define an external data source. Charlie. nuPickers i have never tried but i am sure its good :)

Charlie.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Dec 20, 2014 @ 21:38
    Jan Skovgaard

@Charlie

As I understand it the nuPickers project is the successor of uComponents since the codebase in v7 has changed a lot with the backend being wired up on AngularJS and everything then uComponents as we knew it would not make much sense. Hence the creation of the nuPickers project https://github.com/uComponents/nuPickers

So uComponents as people knew it from v4 and 6 is not compatible with v7. Nupickers is the future as I have understood it.

I believe that the JSON Drop Down picker Hendy is referring to above works in the same manner since it's probably just ported from the uComponents project.

@Hendy: Correct me if I'm wrong :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft