Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ayo Adesina 445 posts 1058 karma points
    Dec 24, 2014 @ 16:17
    Ayo Adesina

Logging In Issue - Umbraco 6 - I am sure I have the right password.

Hey Guys,

Just took over an umbraco 6 project from another developer, the first thing I wanted to do was to get it running locally on my computer.

So I restored the DB back up file, created a local website in IIS, and then changed the connection string.

When I browse the website it works no problems, I can surf the site, click diffrent pages, etc etc. All good.

However when I try to log in with the password (which I'm pretty sure is correct) I can't.

Now when you log in with a user name and password that is not correct, you get red lines around the password and username field.

However when I type in the correct password, there is no red lines around the feilds, they just clear and I don't log in.

Never seen this before not sure what the problem could be, I could start trying to hack the dabase to reset the password, but I think that is pointless as I am sure I have the right password.

Any ideas, why I can't login?

Dec 24, 2014 @ 16:46
    Ayo Adesina

Just had a look at the server where I copied the files and the database and have noticed that... the whole website is SSL....

Maybe this is why I can't log in, how do I recreate SSL on my own local machine?

Dec 24, 2014 @ 16:53
    Ayo Adesina

OK fixed it........

I had to change this to false

<httpCookies requireSSL="true" />

I guess because I have copied the files from a live server that use SSL I have to have the same set up locally or change this value in the webconfig file.

Hope this helps someone else.

Thanks Ayo

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft