Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• francesco 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 08, 2015 @ 16:06
    francesco

Prevent mobile redirection on Umbraco v6.0.6

Hi guys, i'm newbie here. I have problem to solve in few time. 

I'm working on an Umbraco Site web not installed from me . Somebody in the past  installed a package called 51degree mobi. Maybe that package was not correctly uninstalled because now when i navigate to this site with my mobile it's redirected to /mobile/default.aspx (that page not exists). I found that url only in a file called 51Degrees.mobi.config i App_Data path.

I commented the line with /mobile/default.aspx without success, i deleted that file, but the problem is not solved

I checked all the packages installed but there's no trace of 51DEGREE 

Somebody can help me to understand?

Thanks

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jan 08, 2015 @ 16:15
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Francesco and welcome to our :)

Ok, this can be a hard one to figure out since it sounds like you have already gotten rid of 51degreee mobi...

May I ask...is this done on a live site or a local instance?

I assume it's the 51degree mobi package for Umbraco - You did uninstall it from the "Developer" section of Umbraco, right?

Perhaps you just need to recycle the app pool in order to have the changes take effect. Try touching the web.config and see if this helps perhaps? Otherwise try checking any macro in the "Developer -> Macro" setting and see if there has been setup cache on any of those? And if one of them look like it has to do with the mobil redirection.

Also it might be worth checking if there is a rewrite rule setup in the /config/UrlRewriting.config file perhaps.

Hope some of these pointers help.

/Jan

• francesco 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 08, 2015 @ 16:36
    francesco

Thank you for the answer. 

I solved. I touched web.config after commented the lines in 51degree.mobi.config 

Thank u so much

Francesco

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jan 08, 2015 @ 18:05
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Francesco

Happy to hear it helped to touch the web.config - Please remember to mark the issue as solved so others who may come across the same thing can easily find the solution :)

And please don't hesitate to ask further questions if they should arise :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft