Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Faisal Mushtaq 19 posts 118 karma points
    Jan 22, 2015 @ 14:53
    Faisal Mushtaq

Properties relationship in master child pages (Common master property for all child pages)

I just create a master page and added a property (like rich text editor). Now I created a child page inherited from master. Now I set content in master page property (using rich text editor). Whenever I navigate published child pages; this property should be visible in master area without any setting. But currently its not like that and I have to set this property for each inherited page.

Already used @Umbraco.Field("mprop", recursive: true)

Assuming that we have created these pages using document types, templates, contents, etc.

• Richard Terris 273 posts 715 karma points
    Jan 22, 2015 @ 17:13
    Richard Terris

Hi Faisal

If I'm understanding your question correctly, you're hoping to set content in one place and then have that value be set in that property on all child document types via inheritance?

Inheritance in document types means that you only have to create the property once, on the master document type, and have it be available on all child document types. But it's the property that's inherited, not the value of the property.

To do what you're trying to do would involve some server side scripting to programatically set the value on each page.

If you're trying to have some value render on all child pages in the markup on the front end, I'd consider writing some script which reads the value from the parent page and display it, and this script could be run on each child page.

Richard

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft