Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Feb 12, 2015 @ 10:19
    Ismail Mayat

Examine query node name with accents

Having a query issue think its examine not lucene causing the issue. Here is the situation running umbraco 7.2.2 and have in my index a node with name Estée note the accented characters.  This in external index using standard analyser.

In the index I can see node name is stored with accented characters, using luke I can search for Estée and I get matches.  I am generating a query using examine fluent api however the generated query converts the name to 

Est c3 a9e I am not sure if the lucene query analyser is doing this (I think not because in luke the re written query keeps the accented characters, also I recall reading that standard analyser can handle most european languages?).  Has anyone else had issues with searching on accented content?  I have a work around, using gathering node i can update nodename field or create new field and in that convert accented characters to non accented equivalent and at time searching my search term do same so I have in index estee and i will search using estee.

Regards

Ismail

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Feb 12, 2015 @ 10:52
    Ismail Mayat

Ok fixed my issue, it was nothing todo with examine or lucene doh!!!  So the parameter i was passing into the method for node name search was coming from a hijack and that in return was getting the node name from url part which was url encoded hence the encoding, i just did urldecode and all works.

Regards

Ismail

• Shannon Deminick 1526 posts 5272 karma points MVP 3x
    Feb 12, 2015 @ 23:22
    Shannon Deminick

Glad you fixed it :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft