Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• sandro 11 posts 31 karma points
    Mar 10, 2015 @ 14:06
    sandro

Is it possible to create a single page website with Umbraco v7.1.8 ?

I'm creating a website and I'd like it if I could just replace the contents of the div in which I keep my content and keep the rest from refreshing every time I navigate through the site, can anybody link me some resource where I can read upon this ?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 10, 2015 @ 14:19
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sandro

I have not seen any resources on creating SPA's using Umbraco but I know people have done it - So it's indeed possible to do so.

It should be quite simple actually - you should be able to simply just create content elements / pages under your "Home" node and then just make sure that the content elements / pages does not have a template assigned to them if it should not be possible to access the content on a page.

Then you'll need to render all the subpages on the "Homepage" and place them in your divs.

Does that make sense?

/Jan

• sandro 11 posts 31 karma points
    Mar 10, 2015 @ 14:28
    sandro

It makes sense, but the whole content would be on the homepage then , I can try to to hide and show div's when user clicks on different navigation buttons , but the best thing would be if the content could just refresh and replace instead of loading the whole website again.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 10, 2015 @ 14:34
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sandro

Hmm, you could perhaps use the API to consume the content differently than usual. Don't know if you can gain something from watching this video by Tim Geysens? http://www.nibble.be/?p=224 - Nevermind it's based on v6...the underlying API's in 6 and 7 should be the same.

Hope this helps somewhat.

/Jan

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Mar 12, 2015 @ 08:46
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft