Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas Andersen 2 posts 22 karma points
    Mar 16, 2015 @ 11:20
    Thomas Andersen

UmbracoContext null

Hi guys'n'girls.

Been working on an mvc controller with an endpoint that will return xml to the requesting client.

My controllers code looks like this:

[PluginController("Foo")]

public class FeedController : UmbracoController

{

public FeedController() : base(UmbracoContext.EnsureContext(new HttpContextWrapper(System.Web.HttpContext.Current), ApplicationContext.Current, new WebSecurity(new HttpContextWrapper(System.Web.HttpContext.Current), ApplicationContext.Current), true))

{

}

[System.Web.Http.HttpGet]

public XmlActionResult Publish()

{

var document = new XDocument(new XDeclaration("1.0", "utf-8", "yes"),

new XElement("count", 10));

return new XmlActionResult(document);

}

}

and i've created a custom application event handler that looks like this:

public void OnApplicationStarted(UmbracoApplicationBase umbracoApplication, ApplicationContext applicationContext)

{

RouteTable.Routes.MapRoute("Feed", "feed.xml", new { controller = "Feed", action = "Publish" });

}

and when I run my Umbraco site in Microsoft Visual Studio and request the url http://localhost:<port>/feed.xml it returns the expected xml to me.

So here is my problem: 

I want to create the controller and the custom application event handler into a package so I can import my features into another custom umbraco solution.

When I created the package and import it into another solution I see that my two files is installed correctly but when i try to enter http://domain.tld/feed.xml I get following error:

Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: umbracoContext

Notice that I've tried to hack this by re-building the umbraco context in the controller ctor.

So if I take the now "not-included" controller and include it into visual studio again it works.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Btw - using umbraco v. 7

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 5x admin c-trib
    Mar 16, 2015 @ 12:06
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

Are you inheriting from the correct controller? Did you try the Umbraco Web API?

Jeroen

• Thomas Andersen 2 posts 22 karma points
    Mar 16, 2015 @ 12:10
    Thomas Andersen

Hi Jeroen:

I'm using the umbracocontroller otherwise if I use the web api controller my umbracocontext issue will be permanent.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft