Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Mar 18, 2015 @ 17:19
    Ismail Mayat

Alias ajaxlink to controller

Using umbraco 6.1.6 and I have a surface controller called CommentSurface in there I have method AddLike.  I call the method using ajax link code looks like

@Ajax.ActionLink(GetLikeLabel("Site.Pages.Product.Review.Likes", comment.Likes, umbraco),
                                    "AddLike",
                                    "CommentSurface",
                                    new { commentId = comment.Id, like = true },
                                    GetLIkeAjaxOptions(comment, umbraco, "true")

This renders link html that looks like

<a class="thumbs--up icon icon--15" data-ajax="true" data-ajax-failure="$('#likeResult-1254').html('<p>You have already liked this comment</p>')" data-ajax-loading="#loadingComments" data-ajax-method="GET" data-ajax-mode="after" data-ajax-success="(function(){likeSuccess('1254',true,'.comment--item');})();" data-ajax-update="#likeResult-1254" href="/umbraco/Surface/CommentSurface/AddLike?commentId=1254&amp;like=True" id="like1254">Like</a>

This all works fine.  The issue is on our live server we have url rules set up so that the umbraco backoffice cannot be hit  so any url /umbraco will redirect to home page.  What I am planning to do is add url rewrite in web.config so that i can make call like /somesite/Surface/CommentSurface/AddLike and that will resolve to /umbraco/Surface/CommentSurface/AddLike.  

So the question is on a controller and method in controller is there any kind of attribute to create a different url so instead of 

/umbraco/Surface/CommentSurface/AddLike

I can get 

/somesite/Surface/CommentSurface/AddLike

and use url rewrite to resolve to right place.

Regards

Ismail

• Matt Brailsford 4124 posts 22220 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Mar 18, 2015 @ 17:29
    Matt Brailsford

Hey Ismail,

For it to be a surface / umbraco api controller, I don't think there is a way to get /umbraco out of the url. The only way I can think to do it is by using a bog standard controller / api controller, and registering your own route just like you would in a regular mvc app. The only down side is you wouldn't get access to any of the convenience methods in the controller (but then if you are accessing it via ajax, I don't think you'll need any of the "redirect to current page" type functions).

Matt

• Matt Brailsford 4124 posts 22220 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Mar 18, 2015 @ 17:34
    Matt Brailsford

Actually, looking at how surface controllers are registered, you could replace /umbraco in the URL by changing the umbracoPath in the web.config. But I don't thing that will help you much, as you'd then need your rewrites to block that path for any url that isn't a surface controller / api controller aswell.

Matt

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Mar 18, 2015 @ 18:43
    Ismail Mayat

Matt,

According to docs https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.mvc.ajax.ajaxoptions%28v=vs.118%29.aspx there is AjaxOptions object it has url parameter you can set that and in the rendered html you get data-ajax-url and it uses that.  You still get href as the full umbraco url.  So I am going to go with this time to do some url re writes ;-}

Regards

Ismail

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft