Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter Kongyik 28 posts 170 karma points
    Mar 31, 2015 @ 10:16
    Peter Kongyik

Examine using quotes and embedded grouped query

Hi guys!

I'd like to make examine not to chop ending of my search term when the term is surrounded by quotes.

Let's say I have a query expression like 'Text: "super kitchens"'. Note that "super kitchen" is in quotes. How to make examine not to use the "stemming" algorythm, or let's say leave my search term as it is if it's in quotes?

My another question is about embedded group expression.
    Can I have something like this using examine: +((+nodeName:super +nodeName:kitchen) (+Tags:white +Tags:board)) +IsPrivate:0)

This translates to: ((either nodeNode contains both "super" and "kitchen)" OR (Tags have both "white" and "board")) AND (IsPrivate is 0). So basically with GroupedAnd and GroupedOr I cannot achieve this, since the "outer" parenthesis would be missing.

thanks in advance,
    Peter

• Peter Kongyik 28 posts 170 karma points
    Apr 02, 2015 @ 03:09
    Peter Kongyik

I've just seen that there had been a previous topic about the same issue here before: https://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/api-questions/22799-Using-GroupedOr%28%29-to-search-one-field-for-multiple-terms

Without any solution. I guess  since Examine does not support embedded groups, I'll fall back to using raw lucene query. Fortunately the ISearchCriteria.RawQuery can parse a raw lucene query into an ISearchCriteria implementation which then can be used with Examine's seacher.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft