Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ryios 122 posts 263 karma points
    Apr 23, 2015 @ 21:51
    Ryios

Override User and Member Services

I have create my own MembershipProvider for Members and Users in Umbraco by implementating my own Member and User services, and a merged Membership Provider.

Doing so, I moved all of the umbraco user related tables into my own database and I have multiple umbraco sites all linked to the same set of user related tables.

I added an additional column to indicate what site each record is for so I don't have conflicting nodes, users, etc.

But I have one set of flat users that is global. I did this to tie the back office login into our companies SSO Authentication system. So you login to the front end of the site and if you go the back office you are either in (if you have permission) or you get access denied. There is no longer a back office login.

However, I cannot use Member and User server through the ApplicationContext, as they are not relevant. So I have to remember to use mine, instantiated in my own Context like class.

So what I am trying to determine is if there is a way I can override umbracos creation of the ApplicationContext and use my Member and User service instead of Umbracos default ones.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft