Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Yuri Derevianko 7 posts 27 karma points
    Jun 02, 2015 @ 16:18
    Yuri Derevianko

Home node is not root node issue (Umbraco 7.2.5)

Hello mates!

Out of some reason I've decided to put Home node not right under Content in content section but in container, please see attachment:

Now I have issue - when some node other than Home is being saved and published, site root gets corrupted (I can not open site root) because template which is set for "Pages (config)" top node is launched. To fix it I need manually Save and Publish Home node - after this site works well. I need to do this each time making changes in nodes.

I've set this special umbracoUrlName property for both Pages(config) and Home nodes and set them correctly - "/pages-config/" for container and "/" for Home. No effect. I've tried to catch Publish event in custom event handler to programmatically publish Home node after some other node gets published - no effect.

Can anyone help with this issue because site is on finish development stage now and I do not actually want dive deep into whole structure changing? :) Thanks in advance!

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jun 02, 2015 @ 18:44
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Yuri,

Unusual structure )) Can you add umbracoRedirect property to the 'pages' node and if case when you have this problem, you will have only one redirect, without any crashes ?

Thanks, Oleksandr

• Yuri Derevianko 7 posts 27 karma points
    Jun 03, 2015 @ 19:38
    Yuri Derevianko

Hi Alex, thanks a lot for the great idea! :)

Finally I came out of the problem using umbracoInternalRedirectId property for Pages(config) node for which Home node has been set as an argument. No need in umbracoUrlName properties. Now it works like charm!

Cheers!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft