Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ayo Adesina 439 posts 1032 karma points
    Jun 17, 2015 @ 14:30
    Ayo Adesina

Gathering Node Data & Other Umbraco Events - Documentation

Hi guys,

I need to use the Gathering Node Data event.

The thing is I only found out about this event because another Umbraco developer I was working told me about it a few years ago.

I can't remember exactly how to implement Gathering Node Data and I can't seem to find the official documentation of how to do this?

I suspect I'm being silly and I just haven't found it, but typing "Gathering Node Data" in to the documentation search only shows people posting issues and not the actual documentation.

Can someone point me in the direction of the documentation of Gathering Node Data and what would be great would be a documentation/list of all the umbraco events we can override and use.

Thanks Ayo

• James 251 posts 1169 karma points
    Jun 17, 2015 @ 15:35
    James

Hello,

I don't know if this will help you or not. But if you click on the Documentation link at the top of the page and then enter your search term - BUT then wait a few seconds and don't press enter. You will see the search results update :)

I have noticed that if you press enter - it searches forum posts. Whereas if you just leave the search to do its thing. It will return relevant content that isn't forum posts.

I'm not 100% sure what im looking for with regards to you topic, but i hope this helps!

• James 251 posts 1169 karma points
    Jun 17, 2015 @ 15:41
    James

This link here should help:

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Code/Events/

Getting strange 404's on the new site

• Ayo Adesina 439 posts 1032 karma points
    Jun 17, 2015 @ 15:59
    Ayo Adesina

I didn't find exactly what I needed but I did find a walk through on another site - it would be better if I could find the official documentation though umbraco need there own version of MSDN :-)

Yes, I have been getting weird 404's too, and some times when you get a page with code on it, the back ground color means you can't see the code you need to highlight it, I'm sure the umbraco team will fix this up sooner or later.

Thanks for your answer.

Ayo

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft