Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jun 18, 2015 @ 11:49
    Warren Buckley

UmbracoRestAPI project - ContentEndpoint escaped JSON object of PropertyEditors that store JSON

Hello,
    So I have got past the first challenge of using the new UmbracoRestAPI of retrieving a token to use to authorise against the API endpoint.

Now I have got this setup in the HAL Browser as shown in this years CodeGarden Keynote I am starting to play & experiment.

I have hit the Content API endpoint /umbraco/rest/v1/content with the Faroe StarterKit installed. I can see the one content item object at the root, but for the embedded item/resource I can see things like the node name, ID, but in the properties object/array for the Grid Editor that saves the values of the gird a s a blob of JSON.

But when this is viewed we get an escaped string of JSON with new line characters as such. Is it possible to get an un-escaped object returned so it will make life easier to consume this in JavaScript a lot easier.

Jun 18, 2015 @ 12:08
    Warren Buckley

I have posted a GitHub Issue for this that Shannon or someone else rom the core team see's & picks up.

https://github.com/umbraco/UmbracoRestApi/issues/1

• Shannon Deminick 1526 posts 5272 karma points MVP 3x
    Jun 18, 2015 @ 12:11
    Shannon Deminick

Yup there's still a lot of work that we need to do for the REST API, it is by no means finished.

We still need to (at a bare minimum):

• Deal with JSON structures
    • Member authentication
    • Custom security policies and callbacks
    • Custom data filtering policies and callbacks
    • Search & Querying

I'll add this all to the github issue list.... Since this is being released out of band we'll just use the GitHub tracker to track these sorts of things.

Jun 18, 2015 @ 12:45
    Warren Buckley

OK I totally understand this is a preview and currently a work in progress.

If I come across more bits & pieces, do you want me to create an issue on the GitHub repo regardless, then you can close or comment on it if it's not yet implemented or something?

• Shannon Deminick 1526 posts 5272 karma points MVP 3x
    Jun 18, 2015 @ 12:47
    Shannon Deminick

Yup that is fine, i've added a few tasks there now.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft