Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Aron Gamble 63 posts 76 karma points
    Jan 25, 2010 @ 16:41
    Aron Gamble

Null value in xml column in cmsContentXML for member data

I have written some xlst extensions that should return all the members (generated through the API) for a site. It works OK in test, the xml is returned and looking in the test database i can see the xml column has my member data xml in it. The SQL i'm using is:-

Select ccx.xml from cmsContentXml ccx inner join cmsMember cm on ccx.nodeId = cm.nodeId

However, if i run this SQL against the live database the xml column is empty rendering my extension useless.

Is there a way i can refresh the xml column in Select ccx.xml cmsContentXml?

I saw a post suggesting i need to call <newMember>.XMLGenerate(new System.XML.XMLDocument()); but the xml is already being generated in test without this call, but not in live.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Aron

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jan 25, 2010 @ 21:12
    Sebastiaan Janssen

It would be much easier if you used an API call, that way, you're not tied to the database, you can do something like this: 

using umbraco.cms.businesslogic.member;

var members = Member.Getall;
    foreach (var m in members)  {
        Response.Write (m.Email);
    }

• Aron Gamble 63 posts 76 karma points
    Jan 26, 2010 @ 11:49
    Aron Gamble

Thanks for the reply, i was looking for a quick way to get the member data as xml as this is for an xslt extension. I use the API for user controls so will look into using it again. I just think it's strange the xml is missing in the live database but is being generated in test??

Thanks Again

Aron

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft