Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• DFBerry 53 posts 130 karma points
    Jul 27, 2015 @ 19:44
    DFBerry

ExamineManager.Instance.IndexProviderCollection exception in ReplaceNonAlphanumericChars

Hi,

I'm trying to add a test class library to Kevin's UmbracoBookshelf project.

I get an ConfigurationErrorsException when I call ExamineManager.Instance.IndexProviderCollection["BookshelfIndexer"].RebuildIndex();

I believe the exception is regarding the IndexPath value in the IndexSet node. I've changed it to anything I thought that would work including just "AppData/" and "/AppData/Bookshelf/."

What am I doing wrong?

You can see the current code at https://github.com/dfberry/UmbracoBookshelf

I updated Umbraco and Examine to nuget latest.

I can't get the Examine project to build but I can at least see the lines of code for ReplaceNonAlphanumericChars method and that it is regarding the IndexSet.

My app.config for the test project is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <configuration>

<configSections> <section name="Examine" type="Examine.Config.ExamineSettings, Examine" requirePermission="false" /> <section name="ExamineLuceneIndexSets" type="Examine.LuceneEngine.Config.IndexSets, Examine" requirePermission="false" /> </configSections>

<Examine> <ExamineIndexProviders> <providers> <add name="BookshelfIndexer" type="Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.SimpleDataIndexer, Examine" dataService="UmbracoBookshelf.Examine.BookshelfExamineDataService,UmbracoBookshelf" runAsync="false" /> </providers> </ExamineIndexProviders> <ExamineSearchProviders defaultProvider="BookshelfSearcher"> <providers> <add name="BookshelfSearcher" type="Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.LuceneSearcher, Examine" /> </providers> </ExamineSearchProviders> </Examine> <ExamineLuceneIndexSets> <IndexSet SetName="BookshelfIndexSet" IndexPath="App_Data\Bookshelf"> <IndexUserFields> <add Name="id" /> <add Name="book" /> <add Name="path" /> <add Name="title" /> <add Name="text" /> <add Name="url" /> </IndexUserFields> </IndexSet> </ExamineLuceneIndexSets>

<runtime> <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"> <dependentAssembly> <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Mvc" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" culture="neutral" /> <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.0.0.0" newVersion="4.0.0.0" /> </dependentAssembly> <dependentAssembly> <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.WebPages" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" culture="neutral" /> <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-2.0.0.0" newVersion="2.0.0.0" /> </dependentAssembly> <dependentAssembly> <assemblyIdentity name="Newtonsoft.Json" publicKeyToken="30ad4fe6b2a6aeed" culture="neutral" /> <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-6.0.0.0" newVersion="6.0.0.0" /> </dependentAssembly> </assemblyBinding> </runtime> </configuration>

The exception stack is: SetUp : System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException : Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (C:\repositories\UmbracoBookshelf\tests\bin\Debug\UmbracoBookshelfTests.dll.config line 13) ----> System.NullReferenceException : Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at System.Web.Configuration.ProvidersHelper.InstantiateProvider(ProviderSettings providerSettings, Type providerType) at System.Web.Configuration.ProvidersHelper.InstantiateProviders(ProviderSettingsCollection configProviders, ProviderCollection providers, Type providerType) at Examine.ExamineManager.EnsureProviders() in x:\Projects\Examine\Examine\Projects\Examine\ExamineManager.cs:line 95 at Examine.ExamineManager.get_IndexProviderCollection() in x:\Projects\Examine\Examine\Projects\Examine\ExamineManager.cs:line 71 at UmbracoBookshelfTests.TestHelpers.ExamineTestBase.TestFixtureSetup() in c:\repositories\UmbracoBookshelf\tests\TestHelpers\ExamineTestBase.cs:line 26 --NullReferenceException at Examine.StringExtensions.ReplaceNonAlphanumericChars(String input, String replacement) in x:\Projects\Examine\Examine\Projects\Examine\StringExtensions.cs:line 25 at Examine.IndexSetExtensions.ReplaceTokensInIndexPath(IndexSet indexSet) in x:\Projects\Examine\Examine\Projects\Examine\IndexSetExtensions.cs:line 19 at Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.LuceneIndexer.Initialize(String name, NameValueCollection config) in x:\Projects\Examine\Examine\Projects\Examine\LuceneEngine\Providers\LuceneIndexer.cs:line 208 at Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.SimpleDataIndexer.Initialize(String name, NameValueCollection config) in x:\Projects\Examine\Examine\Projects\Examine\LuceneEngine\Providers\SimpleDataIndexer.cs:line 111 at System.Web.Configuration.ProvidersHelper.InstantiateProvider(ProviderSettings providerSettings, Type providerType)

I tried building the Examine project from GitHub and debugging into it, but it doesn't build for me, even after updating dependencies. But I did look at the test's app.config and code associated with the exceptions.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft