Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• How Do I Delete My Account? 68 posts 433 karma points
    Aug 04, 2015 @ 19:00
    How Do I Delete My Account?

Can you too access yourdomain.com/document-type-name ? Bug?

Hi,

I'm just wondering if you can access www.(yourdomain).com/(document-type-name).

If I do It. I sometimes comes to logical pages and sometimes to really wierd ones on my own site. Ones that does not exist. I havn't created a /event page. But a "event" document type. But I can access a page /event. It somehow generates wierd text.

Anyone else experienced the same?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Aug 04, 2015 @ 19:13
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Daniel,

Do you have an event template, if so that is why you can access a page like /event.

Try to see this video about alt-template http://umbraco.tv/videos/umbraco-v7/implementor/fundamentals/templating/alt-template/

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Aug 04, 2015 @ 19:20
    Dan Diplo

Daniel, it's the template you are seeing rather than the document type.

You can disable this behaviour by editing umbracoSetting.config (in the /Config folder). Set disableAlternativeTemplates = "true" in the web.routing section.

" By default you can add a altTemplate querystring or append a template name to the current URL which will make Umbraco render the content on the current page with the template you requested, for example: http://mysite.com/about-us/?altTemplate=Home and http://mysite.com/about-us/Home would render the "About Us" page with a template with the alias Home. Setting this setting to true stops that behavior"

• How Do I Delete My Account? 68 posts 433 karma points
    Aug 05, 2015 @ 04:48
    How Do I Delete My Account?

Hi Dan,

Thx for your answer. It was partly helpful. I followed your advice and it did the trick with the template rendering. However. I can still access the url domain.com/event - even though the template doesn't show.

I want the 404 to fire. Do you know how to make that happen?

• Mark Bowser 273 posts 860 karma points c-trib
    Aug 04, 2015 @ 23:51
    Mark Bowser

Ya, the alt templates can lead to some unexpected results, but they aren't all bad. They come in really handy when you want to do things like render a page with a print friendly template. I think cool stuff like that is why they come default enabled.

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Aug 05, 2015 @ 07:27
    Dan Diplo

Daniel,

I think you can remove the following line from 404handlers.config to totally remove alt template facility:

<notFound assembly="umbraco" type="SearchForTemplate"/>

You may also need to remove SearchForAlias too.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft