Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• How Do I Delete My Account? 68 posts 433 karma points
    Aug 10, 2015 @ 20:28
    How Do I Delete My Account?

Need HELP fast! Umbraco returns blank page with status 200. Nodes removed?

Hi!

My Umbraco site all of a sudden returns only blank pages. No matter what page I'm looking for. And its nothing in it!

The HTTP status is 200 OK. And everything seemed fine but somehow it doesn't work!!!

When I run it on my local machine (with the same DB) it works fine. Except it doesn't really contain the same content. But the version live can't reach anything.

I can access the Umbraco back office and there, when I try to check my content it just says "Server error: Contact administrator, see log for full details. Failed to retrieve data for content id 1323"

What is this? What might have happened?

EDIT: Failed to retrevie data content id.... That's just not for node 1323. It's for all the nodes.

• Mark Bowser 273 posts 860 karma points c-trib
    Aug 10, 2015 @ 21:03
    Mark Bowser

The first thing I would do is try to reindex your Examine Indexes. The Internal Indexer is the one that you are really interested in. In the developer section, use the Examine Management and rebuild the examine indexes for the Internal Indexer.

You could also try deleting the entire App_Data/TEMP folder and then recycling the app pool.

What version of umbraco are you using? Did this happen out of the blue? Or after a deploy?

After we are sure that your indexes are all rebuild correctly, try republishing the entire site.

Aug 10, 2015 @ 21:10

Thx for your answer!

It happend out of the blue. I did some tweaks in a template. Added a span element. Nothing more. Then all of a sudden. BOOM. Error of death. Although my site is already deployed. That's why I'm in such a hurry

How do I recycle the app pool?

I found this in the log file. Don't know if that has anything to do 2015-08-10 22:28:52,663 [7] INFO Umbraco.Core.Publishing.PublishingStrategy - [Thread 105] Content 'Test2' with Id '0' has been published.

Version: Umbraco version 7.2.5 assembly: 1.0.5610.18894.

Aug 10, 2015 @ 21:16

THANK YOU!! The rebuild of the internal indexer worked!! IM SO HAPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

If you're ever in Sweden. I'll buy you a beer. Heck. I'll buy you ten!

Seriously. Thank you!

Aug 10, 2015 @ 21:47

I'm not gonna back on my word or anything. You can still have the beer. But the problem isn't solved. It started again...

Aug 13, 2015 @ 08:15

OK. I found out the publish tool is reaaaaaaaaally sensitive. If I start creating a new document, then the computer shuts down (with tha RAM still running, so everything is still there when I open it) and then saves it. Then it crashes and all I get back is a white page.

• Rune Antonsen 29 posts 145 karma points
    Mar 22, 2016 @ 14:19
    Rune Antonsen

I'm having the same issue.

Did you find out the reason for this happening?

If I click publish, it is displayed for some minutes then it starts returning 200 - OK but no content at all (blank)

Anyone else have some insight in to why this is happening?

• Mark Bowser 273 posts 860 karma points c-trib
    Mar 22, 2016 @ 15:41
    Mark Bowser

Rune, do you see anything interesting in the logs when this happens? Can you confirm that reindexing the Internal Indexer temporarily resolves you problem?

• Rune Antonsen 29 posts 145 karma points
    Mar 22, 2016 @ 16:50
    Rune Antonsen

Mark, thanks for replying. Reindexing didn't help me, nor did the logs, no mention at all what was going on.

BUT, I did find the problem, the content makers on this site had made a node under Website Configuration with the same name as a node under the web root. Both were published, so both had the same URL.

The node under Website configuration was just a "collection/folder" for some content so it was aimed to a blank page. And that was the node I was getting when I was visiting the URL.

After I published the node under the web root (the node I wan't to have the url), it took just a few mins before the other node took over the URL again.

Umbraco should really have a check for this, that different nodes can't point to the same URL. Or is this intended to be like this?

• Gonçalo Chaves 14 posts 146 karma points
    Jul 20, 2018 @ 17:13
    Gonçalo Chaves

Hi all,

I just want to share with you that we had the same issue within one of our umbraco site in a production environment. After spending some hours trying everything that we could remember to solve this issues, we figured that someone has accidentally moved the "masterpages" folder into another one...

So please check for every main folder that has the umbraco and your templates resources. Masterpages, macroscripts, etc..

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft