Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jonok 297 posts 658 karma points
    Oct 02, 2015 @ 05:40
    jonok

Examine Management - Umbraco 7 - Can't get PDF search results to show up

I'm using Umbraco 7.2.4 and I'm trying to use Examine to search the content of PDF's in the media section. I've added the Umbraco.Examine.PDF.dll, and added the following to the ExamineSettings.config (under ExamineIndexProviders):

<add name="PDFIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.PDF.PDFIndexer, UmbracoExamine.PDF" extensions=".pdf" umbracoFileProperty="umbracoFile"/>

And under ExamineSearchProviders:

<add name="PDFSearcher" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoExamineSearcher, UmbracoExamine"/>

And now in the 'Examine Management' tab of the developer section, under 'Indexers', I can see that some PDF's are being indexed, but when I try to do a search in the 'search tools' section under 'searchers', I get no results (see the screenshot below). enter image description here

Am I missing something to get this working?

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Oct 02, 2015 @ 06:11
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi,

Maybe you can try luke to open your index and see if the search gives any results there. You can also see the contents of the index.

https://luke.codeplex.com/

Dave

• jonok 297 posts 658 karma points
    Oct 28, 2015 @ 02:52
    jonok

Thanks for the link Dave - I've opened the index in Luke and I can see that it only contains a single field which is the NodeId (see the screenshot below), so that explains the issue. Is there a way to get Examine to index the PDF content? I've tried reinstalling via Nuget package manager (following this forum post - https://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/extending-umbraco/66593-umbraco-examine-pdf-search-only-indextype-and-nodeid-appearing-in-index), and then I deleted and rebuilt the index but it still only contains the NodeId field? enter image description here

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft