Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt Linsenbardt 11 posts 53 karma points
    Feb 15, 2010 @ 17:34
    Matt Linsenbardt

Call 'Republish Entire Site' remotely?

Hey Guys,

I have a custom app that is scanning an external database every 45 minutes. If this app finds new data, it will add a document and child documents to my  Umbraco instance via the webservice. If it finds data has expired, it will delete related documents and child documents via the webservice.

The problem I'm having is that although the data is deleted, it seems to be stuck in the cache. Is there a way to remotely call the "Republish Entire Site" or am I doing something wrong app. design wise?

Thanks!

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Feb 15, 2010 @ 17:39
    Peter Dijksterhuis

Hi,

Using a webservice should not be a problem at all, I use them myself for adding/deleting or updating content as well.

How exactly are you creating document in the webservice? 

You also might want to check the permissions. Often if the cache is not updated, it has something to do with a permission-issue. Check, Double-check permissions. 

HTH,

Peter

• Nik Wahlberg 639 posts 1237 karma points MVP
    Feb 15, 2010 @ 17:43
    Nik Wahlberg

Hi Matt,

did you give the following a try?

umbraco.library.RefreshContent();

Cheers,
    Nik

Feb 15, 2010 @ 17:50
    Matt Linsenbardt

Hi Peter,

I'm submitting the documentCarrier via the documentServiceSoapClient. I don't belive this is a permissions issue because I can run the "republish entire site" from the control panel just fine.

// Create Document
    UMBRACO.documentCarrier umbCarrier = new UMBRACO.documentCarrier();

// Add Properties
    *snipped*

// Submit Document
    UMBRACO.documentServiceSoapClient umbServiceClient = new NTREIS_Umbraco_Import.UMBRACO.documentServiceSoapClient();
    intNewDocumentId = umbServiceClient.create(umbCarrier, ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["UmbracoUser"].ToString(), ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["UmbracoPassword"].ToString());

Feb 15, 2010 @ 17:51
    Matt Linsenbardt

Hi Nik,

I belive that's what I want to call remotely. Any ideas?

• Nik Wahlberg 639 posts 1237 karma points MVP
    Feb 15, 2010 @ 18:11
    Nik Wahlberg

Sorry, I didn't read your post right. I can't say that I have implemented Web services for this purpose calling Umbraco. So, not sure what the process would be. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. 

Thanks,
    nik

• Murray Roke 503 posts 966 karma points c-trib
    Feb 03, 2011 @ 23:38
    Murray Roke

I don't know if there's an existing way, but you could always write your own webservice that calls the method nik suggested.

umbraco.library.RefreshContent();

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft