Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mohammad Javed 64 posts 373 karma points
    Nov 19, 2015 @ 13:54
    Mohammad Javed

Current has not been initialized on Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.PublishedCachesResolver.

Hello,

I have a Umbraco 6 website that works locally on Web Matrix just fine, however when uploaded to a server i keep getting the following error;

Server Error in '/' Application.

Current has not been initialized on Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.PublishedCachesResolver. You must initialize Current before trying to read it.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Current has not been initialized on Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.PublishedCachesResolver. You must initialize Current before trying to read it.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[InvalidOperationException: Current has not been initialized on Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.PublishedCachesResolver. You must initialize Current before trying to read it.]
       Umbraco.Core.ObjectResolution.ResolverBase`1.get_Current() +220
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoContext.EnsureContext(HttpContextBase httpContext, ApplicationContext applicationContext, Boolean replaceContext) +64
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.BeginRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext) +310
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.<Init>b__5(Object sender, EventArgs e) +252
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +213
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +76

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.2056

I have FTP Permissions on the App_Data folder of 777 - How can i resolve this problem? Not sure what i should be looking for. Could it be a DLL problem? The global file is correct as well, inheriting from Umbraco.

Here is the link: SITE URL

Thanks

Javed

• David Peck 687 posts 1863 karma points c-trib
    Nov 20, 2015 @ 09:59
    David Peck

You've got MVC installed?

• Mohammad Javed 64 posts 373 karma points
    Nov 20, 2015 @ 10:57
    Mohammad Javed

Hi David,

It was a DLL that was missing, the bin folder was causing issues - so just removed it and re-uploaded it for like the 20th time and site started to work.

But yes, it was around MVC that was causing problems.

Thanks

Javed

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft