Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Graham Carr 277 posts 389 karma points
    Nov 19, 2015 @ 15:12
    Graham Carr

Failed to retrieve data for application tree media error

Hello,

A website that has been working fine on Umbraco V7.1.4 has suddenly become quite slow running and the administrators keep getting the following error message when trying to view the Media section.

Failed to retrieve data for application tree media

I have checked the trace log and can see entries such as follows:

15:07:29  INFO  Umbraco.Core.Persistence.UmbracoDatabase 
      at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryHasMoreRows(Boolean& moreRows)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryReadInternal(Boolean setTimeout, Boolean& more)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.Read()
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Database.<Query>d__1c`1.MoveNext()

The developer console in Chrome shows an issue with the following URL:

/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoTrees/ApplicationTree/GetApplicationTrees?application=media&tree=&isDialog=false

and if I click this the following is returned:

)]}', {"Message":"An error has occurred."}

I have taken an exact copy of the website and database back to my development server and it all works perfectly fine??

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this very random issue or be able to help me in determining what the cause might be??

Thanks,

Graham

• Gordon Saxby 1444 posts 1855 karma points
    Dec 11, 2015 @ 11:27
    Gordon Saxby

Did you find the issue? Am experiencing the very same thing at the moment!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft