Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• How Do I Delete My Account? 68 posts 433 karma points
    Dec 09, 2015 @ 10:09
    How Do I Delete My Account?

Examine doesn't index and rebuild index doesn't work. What do I do? (Problem with External indexer)

I've tried to clear the index files in APP_DATA but this haven't helped. I can't rebuild the index from Examine Management either. The internal indexer works fine however. I have searched the web for solutions but I havn't found anything that actually works. What do I do?

I'm currently running 7.3.3.

enter image description here

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Dec 09, 2015 @ 10:23
    Steve Morgan

If you run the rebuild paste here anything being logged to \App_Data\Logs\UmbracoTraceLog.txt

Dec 09, 2015 @ 11:47

Hi!

Thanks for the quick reply.

I checked the log and noticed something strange: some logs are named suffixed with "SE-R9VGW94". The same name in which all indexes lies in, in the App_Data folder. It seems like the regular UmbracoTraceLog havn't been updated since 2015-12-01

The first log message is this:

2015-12-09 07:43:10,602 [P15256/D2/T1] INFO  Umbraco.Core.CoreBootManager - Umbraco 7.3.3 application starting on SE-R9VGW94

What does that mean?

In the most updated TraceLog I find ALOT of these messages:

Change Notification for critical directories.
    bin dir change or directory rename

enter image description here enter image description here

Appearently, the "Change Notification for critical directories. bin dir change or directory rename" is due to some shutdown I think.

Change in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\20f1ea71\4783e411\hash\hash.web
    HostingEnvironment caused shutdown

_shutDownStack=   at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
       at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
       at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.InitiateShutdownInternal()
       at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.InitiateShutdownWithoutDemand()
       at System.Web.HttpRuntime.ShutdownAppDomain(String stackTrace)
       at System.Web.HttpRuntime.OnCriticalDirectoryChange(Object sender, FileChangeEvent e)
       at System.Web.FileChangesMonitor.OnCriticaldirChange(Object sender, FileChangeEvent e)
       at System.Web.DirectoryMonitor.FireNotifications()
       at System.Web.Util.WorkItem.CallCallbackWithAssert(WorkItemCallback callback)
       at System.Web.Util.WorkItem.OnQueueUserWorkItemCompletion(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
       at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Dec 11, 2015 @ 07:42

Ok. I found it. I had created a single user login. Somehow, this caused some problem with the members indexer which affected the external indexer and my own custom one.

So solve this, I removed the public access on the node that had single user login and then went to the Members section and removed that single user member automaticly created by Umbraco and it all worked fine.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft