Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris 1 post 71 karma points
    Dec 14, 2015 @ 21:13
    Chris

Having Partial View Macros talk to eachother

What're good ways to have Partial View Macros talk to eachother?

Maybe I'm going about this wrong, but I'm trying to create 2 pieces:

1) Code to query some data from a certain SQL table (which could be one of many - it'd accept a SQL table as a parameter), and create a table, which will always look and act the same but will display whatever results come back from the query 2) Code to create a dropdown, the results of which filters the SQL query in (1) - this piece would accept the fieldname (and possibly table name, to get the possible values?) as a parameter

I'm used to Kentico CMS, where I'd create a set of web parts that take eachother's ID as a parameter, which would let them access the Page controls, find eachother, and call methods to edit eachothers' properties.

My guess is that in Umbraco I'd have to use ViewData to store/modify the set of filters, and then have (1) pick up the ViewData object and run the query. But it feels like I should instead be able to use (2) to call a method on (1) to update its Model, or something like that, rather than relying on an external object.

Am I missing something?

Also, if this is the wrong Category for this question, sorry - it wasn't clear to me where to put this.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft