Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• stc 72 posts 101 karma points
    Feb 23, 2010 @ 00:43
    stc

Weblog API in Umbraco

Hi guys,

I'm preety new and I need some help please about whether or not it is possible to change date value of a document type property inside live writer or word...The value I'm trying to edit is associated in the content channel gets setup as either summary or excerpt (description is already used by document type's bodyText) but I don't see where or how in the wlw or word do I (if possible) change them.

TIA 

• Immo Wache 69 posts 224 karma points
    Feb 23, 2010 @ 01:18
    Immo Wache

Hi stc,

in WLW when writing a post press F2 (for Properties) or the double arrow below right and you get a input field for excerpt. There you can add your additional document type property. Should be a umbraco multiline text field, because there is no XHTML support available from WLW.

HTH, Immo

Feb 28, 2010 @ 16:48
    stc

Sorry for the delay in my response...I appreciate your info very much however I'm unable to post properties...F2 (properties) is grayed out in WLW menu?

Is it becuase the the document type property I assigned to summary field in the content channel setup isn't an umbraco multiline text field? Does that mean anything else but simple or richtext properties isn't supported by WLW (and any other programs that can be used for editing like MS Word)? Or did I missunderstand you, please?

Sidenote question: What if I wanted the summary field to be associated with a property that was assigned by media picker (i.e. a picture)?

• Immo Wache 69 posts 224 karma points
    Mar 02, 2010 @ 14:20
    Immo Wache

Hi stc,

take care for a wlwmanifest link in the header section of your site. For WLW your edit links should look like:

<link rel="EditURI" type="application/rsd+xml" href="http://your.url/umbraco/channels/rsd.aspx" />
    <link rel="wlwmanifest" type="application/wlwmanifest+xml" href="http://your.url/umbraco/channels/wlwmanifest.aspx" />

Of course replace your.url with your actual site url :-)

About your sidenote: Take a look at the project WLW Plugin - Insert Umbraco Link from Thomas Höhler.

May 25, 2010 @ 13:46
    stc

So sorry for reasking this in such an old post (at least it's mine so I'm not hijacking any1 else's:) but unfortunatelly I'm still stuck with properties (F2) being disabled...and I tried everything text I could find in datatypes..."multiline text field" isn't "textbox multiple" type by any chance?

Sidenote: I looked at the WLW Plugin and without F2 (Properties) being enabled I was thinking about maybe then adding the pictures (and other medias) to the bodyText (content channel's description field itself) but surrounding it inside some custom tags...then beforePublish event handler could distinguish those medias from legitimate content...and could clear it and reset it to the value(s) of the (ultimate) media picker - but this gives me worries that it won't work sometimes, clearing won't function right and I will be stuck with unlegit bodyText content, so I'm still keeping fingers crossed for Propeties F2 to work please?! TIA

May 25, 2010 @ 13:53
    stc

P.S. I've set the links in the Master page used by the document type I set to be published via WLW (Content Channel)...maybe I did something wrong...but I just don't see what?!? :(((

Sidenote P.S.: Or did you maybe think that UmbracoInsertLink plugin should work with some webservice call...however until the document type is created/published I wouldn't have the document to have the webservice setup property values onto...so I think probably not!?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft