Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nikola Gjeorgjiev 1 post 71 karma points
    Dec 25, 2015 @ 12:23
    Nikola Gjeorgjiev

Uploading large files in umbraco v7.28

Hello everyone,

I've run across an issue using Umbraco v7.28 when trying to upload very large files(190MB+) using the MediaService.

My issue is very similar to the bug posted here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6809

My solution is hacky at best, as the project I'm working on allows users/members to create/edit content without ever needing to use the back-office and I can get around this problem using a new fileSize property.

I am able to upload any size (up to 2GB) using the maxRequestLenght and maxAllowedContent properties, but when the file reaches the Media section of umbraco, (using the MediaService.Save() method), I get an exception System.OutOfMemoryException thrown.

Uploading a file with the mentioned file size directly into the Media Section of Umbraco also throws a "Not found" error.

Removing the "umbracoBytes" property from the File type in the MediaTypes section fixes this issue, as stated in the issue on the tracker.

Has anyone had a similar issue or has any suggestions on how to work around this issue?

TL;DR; Files (190MB+) can't be saved in the Umbraco Media Section, removing the "umbracoBytes" property fixes the issue, looking for a more appropriate solution.

Thank you in advance.

Nikola

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft